During the training our Chefs will teach you the origin and evolution of sous-vide; the why-and-how it made its way into the kitchens of the world's top Chefs.You will learn the reason for which there is a right temperature to cook each different product and how to put it into practice using your own recipes. You will learn to master the times and temperatures to control the colour, tenderness and flavour of your product. Part of the training is devoted to learning about the right equipment: How to select, utilise and maintain it. There is no single way to cook sous-vide and because scientists love experimenting as much as Chefs, most of the time is dedicated to hands-on training. Under the direction of our development chef and 2013 Great British menu contestant Chris Holland, you can experiment and taste to discover the many possibilities sous-vide has to offer. Over the full day course you will see these techniques as they are applied to meat, poultry, fish, seafood, vegetables, fruits, sauces, herbs and aromatics. Lastly, the focuses will be on microbiology, bacteria, good food safety and shelf-life in order to achieve the best quality and the safest products. The class is mix of lecture and hands on activities which leads to a very informative and fulfilling experience. This course is ideal for foodies and chefs with either some prior sous-vide training or not training at all. Here is a list of some of the equipment that is used over the duration of the course: Vacuum sealers and Chamber vacuum packing machines, Food-grade sous-vide bags, Temperature probes, Thermometer(s), Rubber foams, Water Baths and Thermal Circulators.
As the UK’s foremost supplier of sous vide and vacuum packing equipment we have teamed up with Campden BRI, the UK’s leading provider of practical scientific, technical and advisory services, to validate our sous vide training content and produce our own, unique, sous vide training guide. We felt it was appropriate that we should only offer our customers the best guidance on the correct use of sous vide cooking equipment. Campden BRI is the Food Standards Agency’s (FSA) Master Vendor for the provision of specialist training courses and has done all the FSA’s research around sous vide guidance, so who better for Sous Vide Tools to partner with?
- Relationship between cooking pressure and precise temperature
- Origin and background of sous-vide
- Controlling the colour, tenderness and flavour of your food
- How to choose, calibrate and maintain the right equipment for your kitchen
- Hands-on sous-vide training and experimentation
- Creating your own sous-vide recipes
- Sous-vide techniques for meat, poultry, fish, seafood, vegetables, fruit, sauces, herbs and aromatics
- Microbiology, bacteria, food safety and shelf life for safe and high-quality products
- Discussion of the E.H.O. regulations on sous vide cookery/vacuum sealing
- A sous vide cooked lunch
- A questions and answers session
- A sous vide handbook including a number of recipes for use after the day
Please Note: This training day take place at our state of the art training facility in Lancaster (SousVideTools.com, Central Barn, Hornby Road, Lancaster, LA2 9JX).
As spaces are limited on our training days and much of the preparation is done in advance please note our below policy on amendments and cancellations.
- 30 Days or More Prior To The Training Day
We would be happy to offer a full refund or the opportunity to change to an alternative date. Changes to the course date can only be done once.
- 10-30 Days Prior To The Training Day
Opportunity To Change to an alternative training date. Changes to the course date can only be done once.
- Less than 10 days To The Training Day
Unfortunately the course would not be refundable or changeable.