Baby Parsnips | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
- COOK TIME: 1hr 20 minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- Bunch of Parsnips Peeled (judge enough for four adults)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 150ml Duck Fat
A turkey alone does not maketh a Christmas dinner. For us it’s as much about the accompaniments as the bird itself.
It’s the time of year where you really roll out the red carpet and take things to the next level, so how about Sous Vide parsnips?
Cooked with thyme and duck fat these little beauties will be a welcome addition to your dinner table.
- Pre-heat your water bath to 90°C
- Prepare the parsnips by snipping off the tops and tails and chopping them into batons
- Marinade the parsnips in the thyme, honey, sugar, salt and duck fat
- Place the parsnips in a pouch and vacuum seal
- Put the pouch into your water bath for 1 hour 20 minutes
- Remove the parsnips from the pouch, pat dry with kitchen towel and colour in a hot pan or oven
Don’t forget you can prepare the parsnips beforehand. Just shock chill them when they are cooked and store in the fridge, then warm up in a hot pan or oven to add colour. Parsnip perfection.