Bruschetta of Roasted Squid with Chorizo and Tomato Jam, Coriander and Lime | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Bruschetta of Roasted Squid with Chorizo and Tomato Jam, Coriander and Lime
Chris Holland Bruschetta of Roasted Squid with Chorizo and Tomato Jam, Coriander and Lime Fish and Seafood
- COOK TIME: 2 Hours
- PREP TIME: 1 Hour
- DIFFICULTY: Medium
- 20 Baby Squid Tubes, cleaned
- 200g Uncooked Chorizo Sausage
- 1 Red Pepper (charred, skinned and diced)
- 1 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 6 Vine Ripened Tomatoes (deseeded, skinned and diced – concasse)
- 75g Golden Castor Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 50mls Aged Balsamic
- 10 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Sour Dough
- Coriander Picked
- 4 Limes
- Olive Oil
- Roasted Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Roasted Cumin Seed
- 2 Raw Cloves Garlic
Sous Vide Water Bath
Back to Recipes
This dish is a classic Italian starter with a great soft texture, achieved when cooking the squid sous vide.
- First make the jam. In a saucepan add the chopped onion, garlic and red pepper with a little reserved confit fat and cook gently until translucent. Chop the uncooked chorizo. Place the chopped chorizo in the pan with the onion.
- Cook out on a moderate heat for 10 minutes until the chorizo has cooked; now add the sugar and balsamic vinegar and also 1 tsp paprika. Cook out on the stove, reducing the balsamic by half. Add the concasse tomato and the chopped basil leaves. Again cook for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, zest of 1 lime, cumin seeds, roasted garlic and paprika
- Toss the squid in the cumin and paprika oil, place into a vacuum pouch and seal
- In a pre-heated water bath at 59 degrees cook the squid for 1 hour 30 minutes
- Slice the sour dough into ½ inch slices, rub with raw garlic, olive oil and salt
- On a pre-heated hot griddle plate char both sides of the bread
- Cut the limes in half and caramelise the limes cut side down
- Take the squid from the pouch, pat dry and quickly sear to add a smoky flavour, season with salt
- To serve, top the sour dough with the chorizo jam and top with the squid, coriander and lime.
Chef’s Tip –
Why not add a rich tomato sauce to the pouch, giving the squid a delicious tomato flavour.