Sous Vide Chicken with Mustard | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Chicken with English Mustard and Broad Beans
Chris Holland Sous Vide Chicken with English Mustard and Broad Beans Poultry
- COOK TIME: 90 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 2
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
- 6 find slices of lemon
- 350g shelled broad beans
- 1 golden onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 400mls white wine
- 300mls light chicken or vegetable stock
- 100mls single cream
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Back to Recipes
- Preheat the bath to 66.6°C.
- Season your chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper and place them into your vac pouch, then drizzle the lemon slices in extra virgin olive oil and place one on each chicken thigh (non skin side) inside the pouch, then vac seal.
- Place into the water bath for 90 minutes, and when done, remove and chill down until cold inside the pouch and set aside until you need them.
- When you’re ready to eat, fry the onion in a little olive oil on a medium heat until translucent,then add the knob of butter and when melted, add the flour. Using a whisk mix the flour into the butter, then add the mustard, wine and stock and whisk in until the roux is combined and begins to thicken, this will take a few minutes. Turn onto a low simmer and stir occasionally.
- Take the chicken out of the vac pouch and gently remove all the meat juices and lemon slices and put them into the mustard sauce, then pat the chicken skin dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan place a large knob of butter and glug of vegetable oil, and turn onto a high heat. When the butter foams and begins to brown, add the chicken thighs skin side down and do not move once in the pan.
- Cook on the skin side down for 4 to 5 minutes, then season the exposed side of the chicken and turn over for another 4 to 5 minutes, while this is happening, add the shelled broad beans and single cream to the mustard sauce to heat through.
- Serve the chicken on top of the mustard sauce with warm baguette and a large glass of vino.
Published with the kind permission of http://thekitchenalchemist.co.uk/