Goose Fat Potatoes | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Goose Fat Potatoes Cooked Sous Vide
Chris Holland Goose Fat Potatoes Cooked Sous Vide Vegetables and Sides
- COOK TIME: 1hr
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 2 large firm potatoes, such as Maris Piper, peeled and sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 level tbsp. chilled goose fat
- Salt and pepper
Back to Recipes
- Chill the goose fat until solid before use to avoid it getting sucked into the vacuum sealer. Put the seasoned potatoes in a vacuum bag in a single layer and add some goose fat along with the thyme.
- Once vacuum packed, cook sous vide in the water bath for an hour at 85 – 90°C.
- Take the bag out of the bath and plunge it into ice water to cool it rapidly and halt the cooking process.
- Finish by browning in a hot pan just before you serve.