Sous Vide Spring Lamb Loin | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Spring Lamb Loin with Herbs
Chris Holland Sous Vide Spring Lamb Loin with Herbs Lamb
- 2 pounds (1 kg) spring lamb loin, cleaned of silver skin and fat
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) Salt
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) rosemary leaves
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) marjoram leaves
- 10 g Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 10 g mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped chives
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) ground fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) orange zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cumin
Back to Recipes
Spring a surprise on your family with this mouth-watering lamb recipe for a sublime midweek treat!
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 135F/57C.
- Seperate the lamb loins evenly into 5-ounce (140g) portions.
- In a shallow frying pan over medium high heat, sauté the portions until golden brown on all sides; remove to a rack to allow to cool.
- Blanche the herbs in salted boiling water before placing them in an ice bath and patting dry. Chop the herbs well and blend with the olive oil and dried spices.
- Warm the butter with the salt and orange zest. Whisk the two fats (herbed oil and butter) together and pour over the lamb portions in a cooking pouch.
- Vacuum seal the loin portions and submerge in the water oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the pouch and serve with an assortment of your favourite spring vegetables.