Sous Vide Lamb Neck Cannelloni | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Herdwick Lamb Neck Cannelloni cooked Sous Vide, Grelot Onion, Apricot and Charred Aubergine
- COOK TIME: 18 hours
- 1.5 kg Lamb neck
- 100g Carrots
- 100g Celery
- 100g White onion
- 100g Leek
- 1 Sprig of thyme and rosemary
- 50g Soaked, chopped dried apricots
- 20g Flat leaf parsley
- 20g Cumin seeds
- 20g Coriander seeds
- 25g Fennel seeds
- 1000g Lamb stock
- 1000g Dark chicken stock
- 40g Sherry vinegar
- 50g Madeira
- 50g Pomegranate molasses
- 1tsp Ground coriander and cumin
- 1 Shallot (cooked until translucent)
- 100g Lamb jus
- 1 Lemon (zest)
A delicious sous vide lamb recipe courtesy of chef Ollie Hay.
Beautifully braised and moist lamb neck, packed full of Moroccan themed flavour. Delicately flaked and rolled in fresh egg yolk rich pasta. Accompanied by a smoky charred aubergine puree. Which pairs with the flavour of the lamb.
Plump glazed apricots cut through the lamb, giving it some acidy and sweetness, which give it an amazing balance. The grelot onion is perfectly caramelised and tender to give a little more body and texture to finish the dish.
This is all brought together by a rich lamb jus.
- Break the lamb neck down into smaller pieces
- Caramelise evenly all over
- Take out and add carrot, onion, celery and leek
- Caramelise this evenly all over
- Deglaze with the sherry vinegar and reduce
- Deglaze with Madeira and reduce
- Add the remaining stocks and aromatics
- let this cool
- Add all to a large vacuum sealer bag and cook sous vide at 85c for 18 hrs
- Cooking it this way gives you so much more depth of flavour rather than braising it on the stove.
- Take out and let cool slightly
- Flake down the neck, adding the chopped apricots, lemon zest, ground cumin, ground coriander, flat leaf parsley, molasses, shallot and lamb jus
- Mix well and roll into cylindrical pieces and chill in ice water