Miso Roasted Smoked Aubergine, Turmeric Spiced Yoghurt and Coriander Pesto | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Miso Roasted Smoked Aubergine, Turmeric Spiced Yoghurt and Coriander Pesto
Chris Holland Miso Roasted Smoked Aubergine, Turmeric Spiced Yoghurt and Coriander Pesto Vegetables and Sides Miso,Roasted ,Smoked, Aubergine, Turmeric, Spiced ,Yoghurt,corriander, Pesto, harrisa, morrocan, middle eastern , morrocon ,
- COOK TIME: 6 Hours
- PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 4 x aubergines
- 4bsp of miso paste
- 4 tbsp. of ketchup Manis
- 2 tbsp of harissa paste
- 150mls of natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ a red chilli finely chopped
- 150 g fresh coriander
- 75g roasted cashews nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100mls of rapeseed oil
- Zest of ½ orange
Back to Recipes
- Place a skillet onto a high heat and blister the outsides of the aubergines until heavily charred and allow to cool.
- Mix the miso, harissa and Manis to create a seasoning paste.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the aubergine length ways in half. Equally divide the seasoning paste between the 8 aubergines and individually vacuum them. Place into a preheated water bath for 6 hours at 70C.
- After the aubergines have been cooked, press lightly and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the spiced yogurt, dry roast coriander seeds, chilli, cumin seeds and black peppercorns and grind to a powder. Add the turmeric, the yoghurt and orange zest and season to taste.
- To make the coriander pesto, blend the coriander, garlic, cashew nuts and rapeseed oil until smooth and creamy and season to taste.
- Take the aubergines from pouch and cut into large squares. In a hot pan sear until hot (can also be serve cold), dress the plate with yoghurt, pesto and fresh coriander leaves before serving.