No waste - Sous Vide Cauliflower Kimchi | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
No waste – Sous Vide Cauliflower Kimchi
GB Chefs No waste – Sous Vide Cauliflower Kimchi Recipes korean, cauliflower, kimchi, no waste, less waste, sousvide, simple, easy, spicy korean
- COOK TIME: 2hrs
- PREP TIME: 1.5hrs
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 2
- 750g cauliflower trimmings, from leaves and core
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- 2 cm piece of ginger – peeled & minced
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp of sriracha sauce (add more if you like it spicy)
- ½ tbsp of mirin
- 3 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced on the angle
- 1 carrot -peeled & grated
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tblsp cooking saltTo finish:
Fresh radish – sliced thin
Back to Recipes
- Pre-heat your water bath to 86 °C
- After thoroughly washing the leaves and core, remove the tender leaves from the stalk using a sharp knife
- Slice the washed leaves into long 1cm ribbons.
- Slice the core and stalk as thinly as possible a Japanese mandolin may help with this
- Mix all the trimmings together and heavily season with 2 tblsp cooking salt, set aside for 1 hour before washing in cold running water to remove the salt
- In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients together then mix in the salted cauliflower.
- Place all ingredients into a pouch and vac seal.
- Cook in pre-heated water bath for about 2 hours until tender then chill in iced water.
- Once cool serve with fresh coriander and fresh radish.