Parmesan Vegetable Minestrone | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Parmesan Vegetable Minestrone
Chris Holland Parmesan Vegetable Minestrone Soup
- COOK TIME: 1 Hour
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 250 g peeled and diced onion
- 200 g peeled and diced carrot
- 100 g diced celery
- 20 g Parmesan rind (if you’ve got it)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and pressed)
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) tomato paste
- salt to taste
- 1.25 litres water
- 150 g canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 100 g cooked orzo
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only, minced (or to taste)
- Olive oil to taste
- Parmesan shavings, for serving
Back to Recipes
Looking for something to warm the cockles tonight, now the sun has disappeared? Look no further than this delicious parmesan and minestrone soup – filling, delicious and full of nutrients!
- Fill and pre-heat your water bath to 185F/85C.
- Combine the onion, carrot, celery, parmesan rind, garlic and tomato paste in a large (gallon/3.8 liter) zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Add the water and use the displacement method (Archimedes principle) to get rid of the air and zip the seal.
- Submerge and cook in the water oven until the vegetables are tender, for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from the water oven and empty the contents into a large bowl. Remove and discard the Parmesan rind.
- Add the beans, orzo and fresh herbs. Add a generous drizzle of good olive oil and serve in heated bowls.
- Garnish each serving with shavings of Parmesan.