Sous Vide Pumpkin Velouté | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Pumpkin Velouté with Wild Mushrooms
Chris Holland Pumpkin Velouté with Wild Mushrooms Vegetables and Sides
- COOK TIME: 2
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Medium
- SERVES: 5
- 1kg pumpkin
- 100g of butter
- 10ml of truffle oil
- 250g of girolles mushrooms
- vegetable oil
- 1 knob of butter
- sea salt
- 10g of chives, chopped
- pumpkin seeds, roasted – to serve
- truffle, grated – to serve
Back to Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Colin McGurran from www.greatbritishchefs.com
- Preheat the SousVideTools water bath to a temperature of 90⁰C.
- To prepare the pumpkin, remove its outer skin, then cut the flesh into wedges and scoop out the seeds.
- Slice the wedges on a mandoline to create thin slivers of pumpkin. Season with salt, then seal half the pumpkin slivers, butter and truffle oil in one vacuum bag and half in another. Place both vacuum bags in the water bath and leave to cook for 90 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked pumpkin to a blender and pulse to make a smooth and glossy velouté. If the velouté is very thick, loosen it with a splash of water. Add salt to taste and store in a warm place until needed. Do not allow the velouté to cool.
- Rinse the mushrooms in plenty of cold water, then leave to drain on kitchen paper. When the mushrooms are clean and dry, carefully strip the skin off the stems with a small knife.
- In very hot frying pan, fry the mushrooms with a dash of oil until lightly browned, then stir in the butter, flaky sea salt and chopped chives.
- To serve, place a few mushrooms in the centre of each bowl, keeping about a third in reserve. Spoon the velouté into the bowls, then finish the dish by scattering the roasted pumpkin seeds, grated truffle and remaining mushrooms over the top.