Roasted Wild Venison Loin with Pine and Cocoa Salt, Amaretto Poached Plums | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Roasted Wild Venison Loin with Pine and Cocoa Salt, Amaretto Poached Plums
Chris Holland Roasted Wild Venison Loin with Pine and Cocoa Salt, Amaretto Poached Plums Recipes Roasted, Wild, Venison, Loin, Pine, Cocoa, Salt, Amaretto, Poached, Plums,game ,autumn, winter , festive european , modern british , english ,
- COOK TIME: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 4 x 175g venison loin portions
- 4 sprigs of fresh pine
- 20 g cocoa nibs
- 15g Maldon sea salt
- 100ml amaretto
- 2 cloves
- 4 plums
- 150mls of reduced game stock
- Light olive oil
- White pepper
- 75g butter
Back to Recipes
- Pre-heat the water bath to 70C
- In a pestle and mortar or spice grinder, grind the cocoa nibs and sea salt together to
- create cocoa salt.
- Trim any sinew from the venison loin pieces, season with cocoa salt and place in a vacuum pouch with some pine leaves, 25 g butter and a tbsp of olive oil, seal pouch.
- De-seed plums by cutting plum in half and pulling out stone, place plum halves in a pouch with amaretto, cloves and some pine leaves and seal the pouch. Place into the pre-heated bath for about 40 mins or until tender.
- Place venison into a 54C water bath for 20 minutes.
- Place a cast iron pan on a high heat, remove the venison from the pouch and pat dry. Place a little oil into the pan, and quickly sear the venison loin to create a crust on all sides then remove from pan and rest.
- Deglaze cooking pan with plum cooking juices, then add the reduced game stock, to create a rich venison sauce, whisk in 25g of butter for added richness.
- Carve the venison, plate with plums, sauce and garnish with the pine leaves.