Sous Vide Rump of Lamb | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Rump of Lamb
- COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Medium
- SERVES: 4
- 4 Lamb Rumps, each 200g
- 40g Tomato Puree
- 50g Olive Puree or Tapenade
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
The flavour contained in the rump is amazing, and sous vide cooking helps to push that flavour through all the meat. The olive purée adds a subtle saltiness for extra depth.
- Preheat your water bath to 62 degrees
- Cross hatch the fat side of the lamb rumps
- On the flesh side only – season the lamb with salt and pepper, and rub on the tomato and olive purée
- Place each rump into an individual pouch, add equal amounts of rosemary and use the vacuum packer to seal
- Put the pouches into your water bath and cook sous vide for 45 minutes
- Keep checking the bath to make sure the water is covering the pouches
- Remove the lamb rumps and pat dry with kitchen towel
- You can place the pouched in ice water until cold and keep in the fridge for up to three days if required
- In a hot pan seal the fat side until nice and crispy, seasoning with salt and pepper
- Seal the other side of the lamb for colour and you’re ready to serve
To regenerate from cold place the pouches in your water bath at 62 degrees for 25 minutes.
Chef’s Tip –
Rub the flesh side with garlic powder and lemon zest.