sous vide Slow cooked rib eye glazed wild mushrooms and rainbow chard | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
sous vide Slow cooked rib eye glazed wild mushrooms and rainbow chard
Chris Holland sous vide Slow cooked rib eye glazed wild mushrooms and rainbow chard Recipes sousvide, rib eye, wild mushrooms, rainbow chard, steak, dinner,
- COOK TIME: 4 HOURS
- PREP TIME: 30 MINS
- DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM
- SERVES: 4
- 1 x 1.5 kg rib of beef, off the bone.
- 2 tbsp Bovril
- 1 tsp freshly cut thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 200g wild mushrooms
- 20g butter
- ¼ lemon juiced
- 100g of rainbow chard
- ¼ lemon juiced.
Back to Recipes
- Pre heat your water bath to 55°C
- Place your rib of beef into a hot pan and caramelise the sides until golden, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Rub the beef with the Bovril, thyme, garlic, salt and place into a pouch.
- Cook the beef for 4 hours, then remove from the pouch and pat dry.
- Using a hot pan re-caramelise the beef then remove from the heat, add the mushrooms, butter, lemon juice and cook until golden. Season to taste and place onto some dry paper towel.
- For the rainbow chard, boil the rainbow chard for about 2 mins in some salted water and dress with some lemon juice.