Sous Vide Best End of Lamb | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Best End of Lamb
- COOK TIME: 2 Hours
- PREP TIME: 1 Hour
- DIFFICULTY: Medium
- SERVES: 4
- 8 Bone Best End of Lamb, French trimmed and smoked
- 6 Basil Leaves
A simple presentation of best end of lamb. A delicate smoked flavour, with not too many ingredients, helps to create something quite amazing.
- Preheat your water bath to 65 degrees
- Place the rack of lamb in an air tight container and season with salt and pepper
- Using the PolyScience smoking gun fill the container with smoke, replace the lid and put in the fridge for 30 minutes – repeat this process six times
- After the sixth time, season the lamb, place in a pouch and vac-seal with the packaging machine
- Put the pouch into your water bath for 1 hour 30 minutes
- Keep checking the bath to make sure the water is covering the pouches
- Remove the lamb from the pouch and pat dry with kitchen towel
- You can place the pouches in water until cold and keep in the fridge for up to three days
- Roast the lamb in a pan on all sides, allow to rest for 5 minutes and carve to serve
To regenerate from cold, place the pouches in your water bath at 65 degrees for 30 minutes.
Chef’s Tip –
Rub the lamb with garlic powder and the addition of mint instead of smoking.