Smoked Cranberry Relish | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Smoked Cranberry Relish
- COOK TIME: 1hr
- PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 8
- 500g Cranberries
- 360g Brown sugar
- Juice of ½ orange
- ½ Cinnamon stick
- 3 Star anise
- ½ Nutmeg – grated
- 150ml Port
- 2 Cloves
- PolyScience smoking gun
- Smoking chips
Cranberries work really well with poultry and game, and smoking adds a whole other flavour dimension. Try this with Turkey and Christmas dinner won’t be the same.
- Pre-heat your Sous Vide to 95°C.
- Place all ingredients in a large pouch and vac-seal.
- Put the pouch into your Sous Vide for 1 hour or until the cranberries start to pop open.
- Remove the cranberries from the pouch and discard the cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
- While the cranberries are still warm, place in an air tight container and smoke.
- Stir the cranberries after each smoking to ensure the surface layer gets folded in.
- For a fully flavoured relish we would recommend 5 or 6 hits of smoke.
Dish suggestion: Roast pheasant, smoked cranberry relish and crispy pancetta.