SMOKY SPICED MULLED WINE | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
SMOKY SPICED MULLED WINE
Chris Holland SMOKY SPICED MULLED WINE Smoking Gun Recipes
- PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 750 ml bottle of red wine preferably rioja
- 60 ml brandy
- 100 ml sloe gin
- 20 crushed juniper berries
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- Zest 1 orange
- 8 cloves
- 4 bay leaf
- 10 crushed black peppercorns
- 50 g fresh grated ginger
- 8 crushed cardamom pods
- 1 split vanilla
- 75g soft brown sugar
Back to Recipes
Perfect for that cold winter evening, what everyone should drink on “the first day of Christmas”.
- In a heavy bottomed pan place all the ingredients and bring to the boil on a medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Turn of the heat and allow cooling.
- When the wine is cooled strain through a sieve and half fill 2 x 750 ml bottles with tight fitting lids preferably screw top lids.
- Fill the smoking chamber with soaked wood chips and using the rubber hose attachment aggressively fill the bottles with smoke and return the screw top lid ,shake the liquid and then leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this process 4-5 times leaving 5 minutes between repetitions.
- Garnish the glass with fresh cinnamon sticks and orange peel.
- Gently rewarm the wine and serve.