Sous Vide Brussels sprouts and sprout tops, miso butter, cashew | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Brussels sprouts and sprout tops, miso butter, cashew
Chris Holland Sous Vide Brussels sprouts and sprout tops, miso butter, cashew Vegetables and Sides
- COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 16 Brussels sprouts
- 1kg sprout tops, hard stalks removed
- 2 bay leaves
- 30g miso paste
- 100g unsalted butter
- 80g roasted cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon leaves
Back to Recipes
- Preheat your water to 70⁰C
- Begin by making the miso butter. Tip the miso paste into a bowl along with the butter and whisk together.
- Prep the sprouts by chopping off the bottom and if large, cut in half so that they are all roughly the same size. Transfer the sprouts to a vacuum bag along with a couple of bay leaves and half of the miso butter.
- Vacuum seal the pouch and pop into the water bath to sous vide for 45 minutes.
- Place the sprout tops into a separate vacuum bag along with the remaining half of the miso butter. Seal and put into the water bath for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- To arrange the dish, take the cooked sprouts from the bath and combine in a bowl with the cashew nuts and tarragon leaves.
For a full instructional video on how to create this and other delicious sous vide vegetarian dishes, please see below.