Sous Vide Summery Roast Beef with rocket salsa verde and charred brocolli | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Summery Roast Beef with rocket salsa verde and charred brocolli
SOUSVIDETOOLS Sous Vide Summery Roast Beef with rocket salsa verde and charred brocolli Beginner's Sous Vide Recipes British, summer. salad, roast
- COOK TIME: 5 hours
- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 2
Small topside joint (around 600/700g)
1 Tbsp of wholegrain mustard
Pinch of sea salt
Rocket salsa verde:
1 garlic clove
1 Small shallot finely diced
50g of washed rocket
10g of other herbs such as basil and parsley
3 anchovy fillets
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
6 tbsp Olive oil
150g of tender stem broccoli
A little black pepper
Back to Recipes
- Set your device at 54 degrees centrigrage for 4.5 hours. This yields a medium/rare beef – if you would like it cooked more, adjust the temperature slightly.
- Ensuring the beef roast is at room temperature, slather the piece of meat with 1 tbsp of wholegrain or Dijon mustard and a sprinkling of sea salt. Place in a vacuum bag and seal. Place in the water bath for 5 hours.
- When the beef is almost finished, prepare the accompaniments.
- For the rocket salsa verde, blitz the shallot and garlic in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Add the anchovies and blitz again.
- Then add the rocket and herbs and blitz again – it will be quite dry. Remove from the food processor bowl and add to a small bowl. Add olive oil and red wine vinegar and season generously.
- Once the beef has finished in the sous vide, remove from the bag and pat dry. Heat up a griddle pan or BBQ, placing the fat heat side down to crisp up. Finish on all sides so you have a lovely colour all over the meat. Place to the side.
- Toss the broccoli in a little olive oil and cracked pepper before grilling for a couple of minutes.
- Slice the meat into thin slices and plate up by drizzling some of the zesty and peppery salsa verde all over the blushing pink meat.
Recipe supplied by Storm Ashdown @whatstormeats