Sous Vide Watermelon with Vodka & Tarragon | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Sous Vide Watermelon with Vodka & Tarragon
- 1 Watermelon
- 200ml Vodka
- 50g Icing sugar
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- 2 tsp Tarragon — chopped
Coming towards the end of their best seasons, watermelons are often abandoned on supermarket shelves due to the sheer size of them. If you have a slice or two hanging around and you’re looking to try something different for the weekend, why not try this simple yet sumptuous recipe with your leftovers.
- Pre-heat your water bath to 60°C.
- Peel the watermelon and remove all the white pith.
- Dice into 1cm cubes, discarding any seeds along the way.
- Dust the watermelon with icing sugar and season with sea salt.
- Place the watermelon in a pouch, with the vodka and tarragon, and vac-seal. If you have an external vacuum sealer vacuum seal using a zip lock bag instead.
- Put the pouch into your water bath for 2 hours.
- Keep checking the water bath to make sure the water is covering the pouch.
- Place the pouch in ice water until cold and keep in the fridge for up to three days, or serve immediately.