Summer Corn Salsa | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Summer Corn Salsa
Chris Holland Summer Corn Salsa Sauces and Condiments
- COOK TIME: 1 Hour
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and washed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 jalepeno, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, stems removed, chopped
Back to Recipes
Looking for a fresh idea to jazz up your meal time? Well look no further than this sumptuous Summer corn salsa recipe that gives dips like guacamole and the standard tomato salsa a good run for their money!
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 83.5C.
- Sprinkle the corn with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Put the corn into a large (gallon/3.8 liter) cooking pouch and vacuum seal.
- Place the pouch fully in the water until it is covered in your water bath and cook for at least 30 minutes, up to a maximum of 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the finely chopped garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes, lime juice, olive oil, avocados and coriander.
- Remove the cooked corn out of the water oven and if you want to finish it off with a grill marking, place a bit of oil onto a preheated grill or grill pan and place on a high heat. Sear the ears briefly on the hot grill for added smoky flavour, turning occasionally to put a few grill marks on all sides.
- Once the corn is cool enough to touch, cut the kernels away from the cob and stir into the garlic mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as an accompaniment to fish or scallops, grilled meat, or tacos. Or simply scoop up with tortilla chips.