Turkey & Mushroom Risotto | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Turkey & Mushroom Risotto
- 1 cup (90 g) Arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 8 to 10 Crimini mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 8 oz (228 g) cooked turkey or chicken, diced (leftovers work well!)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) roasted minced garlic (jarred)
- 720 ml turkey or chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
Now that we are officially over halfway through the year, dare I mention the C Word?!! No, not chicken, not chips and nothing else you were thinking – but Christmas! I know we are mid summer but with only 23 more Fridays before the big day there is no time like the present to start planning…..No?! Ok, ok, maybe it is a little early but none the less how about a twist on the usual Turkey dinner (for any time of the year!) – delicious on a gorgeous Summer’s day like today in the garden with some freshly baked bread and a seasonal salad!
- Fill and preheat your water bath to 183F/83C.
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms until they are tender.
- Put the sautéed mushrooms and onions and all remaining ingredients, except the cheese, into a large zip-closure cooking pouch.
- Remove the air using the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) and seal by using the zip.
- Put the pouch fully into the water and cook for 45 minutes.
- Open the pouch, fluff the rice with a fork, and transfer to a warm serving bowl.
- Stir in the cheese and serve!