How to Cook Lamb Rump Sous Vide [Video] | The Tool Shed
How to Cook Lamb Rump Sous Vide
- Preheat the water bath to a temperature of 62⁰C.
- Season the lamb rump with salt, then seal it inside a vacuum bag with a dash of olive oil.
- Place the bag in the water bath and leave to cook for 45 minutes.
- Carefully lift the cooked rump out of the vacuum bag and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan, then add the lamb rump skin-side down. Fry over a high heat until the skin is crisp and golden.
- Carve the rump into slices, then serve immediately.
Herbs and spices such as rosemary, thyme, garlic or ras el hanout can be added to the bag to help add flavour the lamb while cooking. For a charred finish, the cooked rump could be grilled on a barbecue or griddle pan to add a smoky flavour.
Bryan Webb’s lamb rump recipe features the addition of aubergine and pesto, Alyn Williams serves his with more traditional flavours of faggots and potatoes. For a more continental summer meal, Alan Murchison serves his with wild garlic, anchovies and a vibrant pea purée.
Recipe courtesy of www.greatbritishchefs.com