Apple and Stem Ginger Vinegar | Recipe by sousvidetools.com
Apple and Stem Ginger Vinegar
Chris Holland Apple and Stem Ginger Vinegar Sauces and Condiments Apple, Stem, Ginger, Vinegar, salad, dressings, easy, simple, sousvide, infused english, japanese
- COOK TIME: 8 Hours
- PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 300mls white wine vinegar
- 75g sugar
- 2 granny smith apples roughly chopped
- 4 split cardamom pods
- 1-star anise
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 whole stem ginger
- 1 bay leaf
- Sous Vide Water Bath or Circulator
- Kilner Jar
Back to Recipes
- Set your water bath or circulator to 70°C
- Add all the ingredients to a sterilised Kilner jar and seal the lid.
- Place the kilner jar into the water bath for 8 hours.
- Chill the jar in ice.
- The vinegar is now ready to use on salads or as part of a dressing.
- The ginger can also be used as pickled ginger with sushi or salads